Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 7, 2024

My Thoughts - SHOW GAME by Steve Anderson

Show Game by Steve Anderson

SHOW GAME

by Steve Anderson

July 1-12, 2024 Virtual Book Tour

A mysterious vigilante abducts powerful abusers and exposes them in a twisted “Show Game" in this psychological thriller.

The pandemic may be over, but the world is not safe for those who prey on the innocent. A vigilante known by the alias “Alex” knows what these transgressors have done. And taking them captive is only the first step toward vengeance. In order to be set free, they must first play the Show Game . . .

A predatory priest, a double-dealing politician, a fraudulent philanthropist—Alex has ways of making them confess, on camera, for all the world to witness. But the Show Game is building toward a darkly personal finale: exposing society’s most notorious and evil abuser.

As Alex gets closer to the main event, investigative reporter Owen Tanaka is determined to unmask the vigilante’s true identity and motive. But when a shocking revelation hits close to home, Owen must decide whether to stop a criminal mastermind’s devious scheme . . . or let the Show Game play its final round.

Book Details:

Genre: Psychological, Crime, Suspense Thriller
Published by: Open Road Media Mystery & Thriller
Publication Date: July 2, 2024
Number of Pages: 316
ISBN: 9781504086776 (ISBN10: 1504086775)
Book Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | BookShop.org | Goodreads | Open Road

 


Author Bio:

Steve Anderson

Steve Anderson is the author of numerous novels, mostly historical thrillers about gutsy underdogs. In an earlier life he earned an MA in history and was a Fulbright Fellow in Germany. Day jobs have included busy waiter, Associated Press rookie, and language instructor. He’s also written historical nonfiction and translated bestselling German novels. A hopeless soccer addict, he lives in his hometown of Portland, Oregon with his wife René.

Catch Up With Steve Anderson:
www.StephenFAnderson.com
Goodreads
BookBub - @SteveAnderson
Instagram - @SteveAWriter
Threads - @SteveAWriter
Twitter/X - @SteveAwriter
Facebook - @SteveAndersonAuthor
Substack - @SteveAWriter




MY THOUGHTS


Show Game is written by Steve Anderson. This is the first book that I have read by this author, and it will not be my last. The book is fast paced and a great read. I really found myself pondering --- what if someone did this for real. There are so many corrupt people out there. 

A vigilante, Alex, seems to know a lot of people's deep dark secrets. They have taken matters into their own hands and abducts those who have major transgressions. Alex has a way of making those confess, and it's all done on camera for the whole world to witness. Alex is building up to a huge grand finale. Investigative reporter Owen Tanaka wants to unmask Alex. Then suddenly he finds the game hitting a little too close  to home. 

I loved the premise of this book. The book drew me in within the first few pages. I found myself completely lost in the book. My husband stood there trying to get my attention several times, and I was completely lost in the story. My heart was pounding the entire time. 

The book is well written. The storyline is engaging. I did not want the book to end. I hope to read more from this author in the future. 

Thank you to the author, publisher and Partners in Crime Tours for allowing me to read a copy of this book - all thoughts are my own. 




Giveaway:

This is a giveaway hosted by Partners in Crime Virtual Book Tours for Steve Anderson. See the widget for entry terms and conditions. Void where prohibited.

The giveaway is for:    $20 Amazon Gift Card, US Only


https://kingsumo.com/g/gi00bt/show-game-by-steve-anderson-gift-card

 

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! I'm so glad you found it so enthralling. I can't wait to sit down with SHOW GAME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the great review! I'm glad you enjoyed the ride.

    ReplyDelete