Total Pageviews

Monday, October 25, 2021

Book Review - I Grew with You By: Sarah Molitor

 Instagram Sensation Illuminates the Unifying Experience of Pregnancy

in Heartfelt New Picture Book

 

(GASTONIA, N.C.) May 2021 – Good & True is pleased to announce the October release of I Grew With You, the first picture book from blogger and Instagram sensation Sarah Molitor, the creative force behind @modernfarmhousefamily. Inspired by her own six pregnancies, I Grew With You vividly illustrates the beauty of childbearing and the miracle of life.

 

A mother of six boys, Molitor shares the daily ups and downs of family life with her more than 244,000 Instagram followers. Her role as wife and mother has shaped her more than any other title she has, inspiring her to write I Grew With You (October 2021; ISBN 9781737079620) by mining from her own experience of bringing six children into the world.

 

As the story progresses month by month, I Grew With You spotlights every heartfelt and funny moment throughout pregnancy, from conception to bringing baby home. Rich in diversity, it showcases women of all ethnicities, shapes and sizes as they share in the unifying experience that is pregnancy.

 

“It's an honor to work with Sarah, who has such an important message to share with children and parents,” says Brian Gallagher, Publisher, Good & True. “There are no other books I can think of that tell the journey of pregnancy in its entirety and tie it to motherhood in such an endearing way. I’m thrilled that she’s chosen Good & True to partner with her on this project.”

 

Children will be able to read about the sweet moments, exciting moments, funny moments and take-your-breath-away moments that their own mothers felt while bringing them into the world, leaving both mother and child with a deepened sense of love and bonding.

 

“My desire for I Grew With You is for parents and kids alike to be moved by the fact that all women experience and show pregnancy differently, yet still go through the same life-changing process to bring children into the world,” says Molitor. “As they read this book together, I hope it’s a way for kids to begin to understand the beauty of pregnancy and the bond that develops between a mother and her child.”

  

Publication Date: October 26, 2021

Author/Illustrator: Sarah Molitor/ Anastasia Sivura

Imprint: Good & True Media

ISBN: 9781737079620

Price: $12.95

Format: Hardcover

Page Count: 24

Ages: 0-3

 

About Sarah Molitor




Sarah is most notably known as “mommy” to her six boys. Her role as wife and mother has shaped her more than any other title she has acquired. Along with raising her children, she also homeschools them full time. Prior to starting a family, Sarah earned her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Linfield University. As a registered nurse her passion was and still is helping others. Although no longer working as a nurse, Sarah has translated that passion into a different avenue – social media. She is the creative force behind @modernfarmhousefamily where she encourages, challenges and inspires her community of over 218K followers on a daily basis. For fun, Sarah considers herself a candy connoisseur, self-taught photographer, very amateur baker and if given spare time, usually chooses to read children’s books to her kids while keeping them entertained with her voice impressions. Sarah lives with her husband Tim and their growing family in Washington. I Grew With You is her first book.

 

About Anastasia Sivura

Anastasia is an illustrator who creates wonderful illustrations where fascinating stories are intertwined with lightness and innocence. The artist works with different materials because she thinks that developing one's skills and trying something new is absolutely important. Besides making beautiful illustrations she is a firm believer in interesting stories and ideas. Anastasia has a lot of projects which she would love to realize. She is based in California and married with two daughters. She has a dog as well. Nature and the ocean are her main sources of inspiration.

 

About Good & True Media

Good & True Media is the children’s book imprint of Good Will Publishers, Inc. Good & True publishes a boutique list of books, all of which are told upon a Christian foundation and aim to inspire children's imaginations through works that promote classical virtues and wholesome examples of the moral life. For more information, visit www.goodandtruemedia.com.



More from the Author




What inspired you to write a book for children about the experience of pregnancy and childbirth?




The day I found out I was pregnant was also the day I had a meeting with the publisher to pitch ideas for my very first children’s book. I remember thinking to myself, “How cool would it be to write a book for children and mothers about the journey of pregnancy and how a baby grows?” And instantly the words I Grew With You came to mind. So it was truly inspired by finding out I was pregnant with our sixth child.




I also knew I wanted it to be a sweet story that a mother could read to her child that would be endearing to both of them. I know my boys are so excited to watch my tummy grow and this book was a way to let them in on all the ways a mommy and baby inside her grows as they anticipate the birth of the child.




Why did you decide to show the entire journey from conception to birth, instead of focusing on one aspect?




It’s so important to me that I acknowledge that life begins at conception. From the very beginning, your child was created specifically for you. And as each mother finds out that she is pregnant, the anticipation builds from those early moments no matter how long you carry your child. I believe the whole process of pregnancy all the way to delivery is important for seeing the miracle of life versus just focusing on one specific moment.




I also believe it brings out the joy (and often humor) from the moments and changes that each month brings throughout pregnancy. People love to see something from start to finish and I Grew With You allows for that!




The book also highlights a diverse group of women. Why was that an important focus for you as well?




As I was imagining this book, I was also imagining all the different mothers that could be touched by reading it to their little ones. Or just having it as their own keepsake. And I’m keenly aware that no two mothers are alike whether in look or personality or how they carry their child (and so much more). So diversity in the book was a very important thing for me to highlight. I want children to know how each mother is beautifully different during pregnancy. And I also want them to turn the page and suddenly say “hey, that mommy looks like you!” which allows for a depth of connection to the book and the story. In this book you will see nine different mothers which speaks to the diversity of motherhood and all women!




As mothers read this book to their children, how do you think it will encourage them?




I’m imagining the moments when mother’s first read this to their children and how special it will be. I believe it will encourage the mother in how incredible she is for the pregnancy(s) she has experienced and all the highs and not so highs she may have experienced. I believe she will feel more empowered and proud of being a part of the miracle of bringing life into the world. And I also believe it will create a unique bond between the mother and her child(ren) because they will get a glimpse into what mommy (and daddy) went through to bring them into the world. Overall I Grew With You gives a unique, special, humorous and beautiful view into the beginning of motherhood and this ultimately fosters a deeper connection between mother and child.




How could this book change someone’s opinion about pregnancy and childbirth?




First of all, I believe it will show the beauty of how life begins at conception and how much that child, from the very beginning, means to a mother. The excitement, the anticipation, the sharing in the news- all of it. But I also believe it will challenge people in their views of pregnancy and childbirth. If you have given birth, you know all the aches and pains and stretching and growing that happens. It’s not all glowing skin and easy peasy. This book gives a simple and sweet look into how the process of pregnancy changes the mother physically and emotionally just as much as the baby inside her grows and develops as well.




What advice do you have for parents as they start having discussions with their children about pregnancy, childbirth, starting a family, etc.?




I love having age-appropriate conversations about these topics with my children as well as an open line of communication that they can ask us whatever questions they will have and we will always give them an honest answer. My advice would be to always communicate in whatever way feels most comfortable for your family and allow children to be involved in knowing the process and how they are a unique part of that too.




This answer may look different at different stages but it’s so important that we include them in the process. When they are included, it allows them to feel a part of everything that is going on whether that’s announcing the pregnancy to family and friends or learning how the baby grows inside the mother each month and all the new developments that happen. And this gives children their own special bond with mommy and the new baby to be. The more children are involved, the more involved they want to be which is exciting for them and ultimately builds up the family unit in the best way.




Your publisher, Good & True, produces very family-friendly, faith-based content for children. Why was it important to you to partner with a publisher like that?




It is so important to me that we build a foundation for our children that’s filled with value! Value for the children and value for the parents as well. I always want to know that whatever I’m hearing, watching, seeing or reading is safe for the whole family and never brings up unexpected discomfort.




Good and True is committed to these same values and I wanted my book to align with a publisher who would prioritize this. I’m so thankful they do and it’s been evident through the whole process. Consumers will always know that content coming from Good and True is content they can trust for their families, their homes and whoever they share it with.




Ultimately, what do you hope parents and children take away from I Grew With You?




My ultimate hope is that families will read I Grew With You and walk away feeling a greater sense of family and love for each other. Also that parents and specifically mothers will feel a greater sense of pride in their families and the beauty of who each of them uniquely are. I hope this book will touch mothers of all ages and stages in a powerful way allowing them to remember the journey of pregnancy and all that they accomplished to have the family they do now. And that everyone would value the beauty and frailty of life and how much power and love one life can hold within them.




What other projects are you working on?




There are a couple things I am working on actually. First off, I am working on a second children’s book with Good and True. YAY! This one will be vastly different from I Grew With You. It will be a very playful, bright and colorful book filled with animals! And will talk about how important each person is to the world and how important it is to share our joy with others. I know it will be such a fun book for parents and children alike.




I am also working on a potential proposal for my first adult book. It’s still in the rough stages but my hope is that it will be an encouragement to women everywhere. I’m excited for both of these projects and looking forward to seeing them come to fruition.




Where can readers purchase a copy of I Grew With You?




Pre-orders are set to launch on Wednesday, July 14 (which we are VERY excited about). I Grew With You will be available to pre-order at goodandtruemedia.com, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Christianbook.com and anywhere books are sold. I Grew With You is set to officially release on October 26.



My Thoughts


I Grew with You is a children's picture book that is written by Sarah Molitor. It is illustrated by Anastasia Sivura. This book is geared toward children ages 0-5. I read this book with my two boys, Colton (10) and Wyatt (8). We all enjoyed it very much.


The book starts out documenting the positive pregnancy test. It goes through the pregnancy and how Mommy grows along with baby. My children had plenty of questions of their own pregnancies - so it opened up good conversation. The author wrote this book in such a way that children can understand pregnancy - and how babies grow inside their mom's tummy. This is a loving poem, written for children to understand that journey that mom's take during pregnancy.


The pictures are so adorable! They are colorful and fit right along with the words. I am a fellow boy mom (I only have two boys) - so I felt connected to this author immediately. This is a great book for families that are expecting - especially if this is the first time a child will experience having a sibling.


I received a copy of this book through the author and publisher - all thoughts are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment